Here at Clara Health, we’re dedicated to raising awareness about the power of breakthrough research and clinical trials. We’re proud to announce the Patients Have Power Writing Contest!
We’re calling on the blogger community to help us make a splash and raise widespread awareness via a little healthy competition!
Scroll down to see the prizes, meet the judges, and learn more about submitting an entry.
Love writing? Help us demystify clinical trials and you could win $10,000!
Submit your entry
Bloggers! Share your thoughts and experiences on clinical trials to help raise awareness around the importance of clinical trials and empower patients with the knowledge they need to make informed treatment decisions.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Sunday June 10 at 11:59 ET. Make sure your entry fulfills the requirements listed below! (Read the full contest rules here)
Here's how it works
- You run an established blog (It is not required that your blog is focused on healthcare - we are trying to raise widespread awareness after all!)
- The post must be at least 500 words (or more!)
- Include a link back to www.clarahealth.com in your post. In addition, our guides and our podcast are another place you can link to as well!
- Include the following keywords in your post: Patients Have Power, clinical trial(s), research, treatment
- As part of your entry, you must include a sentence near the top of your post that clearly and conspicuously discloses that it is an entry to this contest. Here's an example.
Second place: $250
Third place: $100
Second place: $500
Third place: $250
Second place: $2,500
Third place: $1,000
Each time 10 new entries are submitted, the grand prize increases by $1,000 (up to $10,000).
There will be three winners. The more bloggers who participate, the bigger the prize!
Meet the Judges
Depending on how many entries are received, Team Clara will pick up to 20 finalists. The esteemed panel of judges who work across healthcare will pick the final winners.
Director of Communications
Head of Marketing
Director of Patient Engagement
The judges will be focused on selecting posts that achieve one or more of the following:
- Raise awareness about clinical trials and breakthrough research.
- Help demystify clinical trials and reverse the “I don’t want to be a guinea pig” stigma associated with participation.
- Humanize clinical trials by weaving in your own personal experience.
- Call attention to innovative clinical trials currently recruiting or running.
- Educate the community on different aspects of clinical trials and how they work (i.e. informed consent, reimbursement, double blind control etc).
- Delve into different aspects of the clinical trials landscape.
Participants are encouraged to be creative, innovative, and thoughtful in their entries. You don’t need to hit on all of the above points - focusing on just one and weaving in a powerful story will mean more to our judges than simply hitting each bullet point with a sentence.
The Breakthrough Crew are passionate patients, caregivers, advocates, and healthcare professionals who believe in the power of research to transform lives.
Interested in more initiatives like this?
© 2018 All Rights Reserved.